So to recap, my best tips for coloring faces:
1. Good coloring starts with a good stamp
The Uncanny Valley is real and it’s creepy!
2. Downsize your tools for accurate features
Copics can do a lot of things but tiny coloring isn’t one of them.
3. Don’t complicate the recipe
If you can get the job done with two markers, why add six more?
4. Find a few good recipes and stick to them
The better you know a blending combination, the better you’ll color with that combination.
5. Take it easy on the makeup
Use colored pencils for blush, lips, and other details. Use them sparingly for natural looking results.
6. No more basketball heads
You can do so much more than round-out the head!
7. It’s all about the eyes
Get the eyes in early. Get ‘em right or start over.
8. Skip the eyelashes, please
They’re only beautiful if they’re the correct size and scale.
9. And remember, it’s WHEN you make a demon, not IF
Even the pros make this mistake, all too often.